Have you ever had instant stage fright as soon as you’re asked, “What is it that you do?”
You forget everything immediately. You can’t speak, and the only words coming out of your mouth are:
It’s a punch in the gut, right?
So, what do you need to avoid that “deer in the headlights” look?
If you’re a coach, consultant, or service provider with a mission-driven goal, then this article is for YOU!
In this blog, we’ll explore why you need an elevator pitch and share our short-and-sweet template that’ll help you create an elevator pitch in 30 minutes.
Ready? Let’s do this!
Why do you need an elevator pitch?
Here’s the truth:
Your small business’s success relies on an elevator pitch. It’s giving the short-and-sweet version of why your business is so awesome.
If you nail this 2-minute pitch, it’ll intrigue people and get them saying, “That sounds amazing! Tell me more.”
And when you get that, you’re opening so many doors to build relationships and opportunities for growth.
An elevator pitch needs to be simple, clear, concise, and memorable. Why?
It’s a communication tool to:
- Build brand awareness: Introducing yourself to new people is the first step in creating awareness around your business’ purpose.
- Create a memorable first impression: Making your elevator pitch compelling puts your business front and center. Creating relationships hinges on how well they know, like, and trust you at the beginning. By creating a great first impression, you’re making it easier for people to say “YES!”
- Attract more clients: If your elevator pitch piques someone’s interest, then you have just successfully convinced them to take the next step towards becoming a client or partner.
Don’t believe me?
Let’s tell a quick story…
How an elevator pitch helped HipCat Society
Shannon, our co-founder (and my mother), took part in a Strategic Alliance event, talking to amazing business leaders.
Every leader pitched what they do and how they serve their clients.
And then it was my mom’s turn to talk about HipCat Society.
Just kidding – she was prepared.
Before the event, she put together an elevator pitch using a simple template (which I will share with you later).
Then, she practiced, practiced, and practiced it.
All eyes were on her…and…
She nailed it!
As a result:
Ken Cook and David Baer from The Prepared Group wanted to partner with us (the big dawgs in the marketing industry).
And it all started with the elevator pitch.
When to use your elevator pitch
The short answer: Whenever someone asks you, “So what do you do?”
But specifically, use your elevator pitch at:
- Networking events
- Individual introductions
- Group introductions
- Any type of gathering
- Your LinkedIn bio
Whenever you have the opportunity, use your elevator pitch
How do you create an elevator pitch?
This is the very elevator pitch formula we’ve used to create an amazing partnership, and I’m giving it away to you for free.
It’s a plug-and-play template to create a bomb elevator pitch in 30 minutes that’s clear, memorable, and 100% you.
- A formula to creating a story-driven message that resonates and sells
- Fill-in-the-blank templates and examples to make it so easy
- Free mini-course so you get real results
If you’re ready to wow people, grab our free template here.
Then, let me know how it works out for you by leaving a comment below.