What’s your purpose? What kind of legacy do you want to leave?
It might be hard to figure out those answers when you’re just starting a business.
But, having a clear vision of who you are and what you’re working towards is the first step to creating a strong business.
It’s so simple but knowing yourself first helps you level up your impact, your message and keeps you moving forward – even on those tough days.
I’ll show you how to discover your true purpose so you walk away with:
- A vision of what matters to you to use as your fuel to push forward every day
- Clarity of who you want to serve since 90% of your target market will be people who think like you
- The proper business mindset to reach your goals
- The starting point of your short-term and long-term business goals, which will serve as your decision-making compass
Ready to do some soul searching?
You’re going to love it.
1. Think about the very reason you started a business
What do you truly believe in when it comes to your industry?
Why do you believe in it?
In other words:
Why did you start a business in the first place?
It’s a nice reminder of why you’re here in the first place.
Here’s an example:
Let’s say you’re a dentist.
Maybe you have the belief that having healthy teeth is the key to a healthy well-being.
And the very reason you started your business is you’ve personally seen people’s overall health drastically improve when you fix their teeth.
2. Think about your personal strengths
What are you best at naturally?
What do you often hear from people when they rave about you?
When your friends need something, what do they come to you for?
Let’s go back to the dentist example:
Maybe you’re naturally good at making people feel very comfortable, and you can easily educate your patients to help them understand the connection between oral and overall health.
It’s important to understand your unique qualities. And then, lean into them… HARD.
You want to align them with your business because it’ll not only influence your brand’s unique strengths, but it’ll attract people who think just like you.
Many well-known brands – like Russell Brunson from ClickFunnels – are realizing their dream customers are people who think like them.
This makes it even more important to know and love who you are as a person first, so you attract like-minded people.
Once you know who you are and how it aligns with your business, everything will come so much easier for you.
The opportunities will naturally land in your lap and your tribe will find you.
Now, once you know exactly who you are, you want to start envisioning your future self and how far you want to take your business.
3. Picture yourself and your business in the future
It’s 5 years from now…
Forbes calls you for an interview.
- What would they write about you?
- How would they describe you as a business leader?
- How did you change the game in your industry?
Now, go deeper into the future…
What impact and movement do you want to be known for?
What legacy do you want to leave behind when people say your name?
I want you to dream BIG on your future self. Imagine what you could accomplish if anything were possible.
When I asked myself these questions, I said:
“I want people to talk about how I disrupted the marketing game, and I did it all with my kiddos and team.”
When I asked a makeup artist these same questions, here’s what she said:
“I want to be known as a creative thinker and problem solver. People will say I’m the go-to expert when it comes to beauty.”
Why is picturing your future self important?
Your visions will influence your short-term and long-term business goals, so you make the right decisions to reach those goals and avoid going after the “shiny objects” – or the distractions.
4. Set up your business goals
Write down what you want to achieve in:
- 6 months
- 1 year
- 5 years
These goals can be anything from growing your social media following or making a 10% profit increase.
Shoot, you can even say getting on Oprah.
But, when you write out your goals, ask yourself these 2 follow-up questions:
- Is this what my heart truly desires?
- Why is it so important to me?
5. Take action
Dreaming big is inspiring, but taking action is what will get you there.
I want you to write down 5 tasks you’re going to do in the next 90 days to get you closer to your business goals.
Go big or go small – it doesn’t matter.
The more action you take, the more likely you’re going to actually reach those goals.
Here’s an example:
6-month goal: Increase Instagram followers by 50%
In the next 90 days, I will:
- Follow 15 new accounts each week
- Post 3 times a week on Instagram
- Comment on 5 posts every day
- Comment on 5 stories every day
- Share 1 post from another Instagram account once a week
A personal note
Everything I shared with you in this blog is the very thing that helped my kiddos and I identify who HipCat is as a brand.
I feel I can finally be myself and never worry about what others think a marketing agency should look like.
It also helped me finally know who exactly I want to serve – people who think like me:
People who’re ready to serve and make a difference in others’ lives. And not afraid to get their hands in the nitty-gritty to get it done.
Because of this clarity, I was able to define my business goals and feel confident every decision I make is the right one.
And this can be your reality.
Become the boss you’ve always dreamed of
If you’re ready to get your high-ticket clients knocking on your doors without wasting time and risking your money into a marketing agency, say “hello” to HipCat Society.
Our marketing platform is designed exclusively for the non-marketer, laying out the easy steps to grow your business and attract a tribe you adore, so you:
- Earn 2-3xs more revenue while being in alignment with your purpose
- Effortlessly connect with the people you want serve
- Make marketing not the worst part of your day, but the best
- Feel confident that every move you make resulted in guaranteed ROI
- Feel proud of the difference you’re making in your clients’ lives
Interested? Give it a shot and sign up for free.
- Sign up for the HipCat Society platform here… Opens in a new window to our marketing platform….
- Unsure? Talk to me … Opens in a new window to Shannon’s calendar… and get insights into your marketing for free.